DIY Gingerbread House
Our famous gingerbread in a DIY kit. Includes most everything you need to build your own Gingerbread House. Precut gingerbread, more than 1 pound of candy, piping bag and icing recipe, cake board, and foil covering.
View our color disclaimer HERE.
- Includes: Precut gingerbread, more than 1 pound of candy, piping bag and icing recipe, cake board, and foil covering
- You provide: 1-large egg white and 3-cups confectioners' sugar
- Board: 7" W x 10.5" D, Assembled House: 6.5" W x 6.5" H x 6" D
- Ready for pick up next day.
There are a lot of different types of royal icing out there, but if you're building and decorating a gingerbread house, you'll want one that's relatively low in moisture. That ensures it will dry out fast, which will keep your designs from smudging and your walls from budging (if you pardon the rhyme).
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
Combine egg white with half the powdered sugar and mix at low speed until sugar disolves into a paste, then gradually sprinkle in the rest of the sugar. Increase speed to medium and beat until smooth and light, about 2 minutes. If too stiff, thin icing with a few drops of water. Use immediately; keep covered tightly in plastic to prevent icing from drying in bowl. Royal icing can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature up to 12 hours.